Setting up the youth room can be a real challenge: the teenager’s favorite things are very much and often uncoordinated. Therefore, the most important thing is to plan everything well and to think creatively in order to perfectly combine all ideas. This seems to be an unattainable task? Here are some useful tips that will help you design the teen room!
Frame teenager room
The young people of today are design conscious and informed about the latest trends. Although their taste is constantly changing, they know well what they like and what they do not like. For that reason, it would be better if you agree with your adolescent before you start setting up. Keep in mind that the teenager’s bedroom should not only meet his needs but also his individuality. Regardless of the size of this room, it must be practical and comfortable for the adolescent to feel at ease.
The Teenager Room: A multipurpose room
The youth room is much more than just a place to sleep. It is a place where the teenager will learn and meet with his friends. It is his little wealth where he will spend most of his time. Therefore, there must have the following areas:
- a sleeping area
- a field of study
- a place to relax with friends
When space is limited, you think in a practical and creative way. Here are some ideas:
- Thank “vertical”: Make use of the space above the desk by mounting some shelves where your teenager will be teaching.
- A pin board can be very helpful, as this will leave the table surface free.
- Place the bed next to a wall. How to save space.
- To create a seating area, buy a pair of stools if there is no room for a sofa.
- Use foldable or multifunctional furniture. They are very practical and space saving.
Creative wall decor in teen room
While adults prefer a room that is harmoniously decorated and quiet, the youngsters are more likely to find a colorful room that expresses creativity and energy. The walls are the largest area in the room. As such, they offer excellent opportunities for creative design. Here are some great ideas on how to make the walls:
- Wall in bright color: Paint a wall in your teenager’s favorite color.
- Removable Wandtattos and -sticker: Select Wandtattos or -sticker of which are removable. The taste of teens is changing every day. Therefore, it is better if you can easily remove the tattoo or sticker to change it.
- Graffiti for an urban style: the graffiti look very cool and give each room a very individual, personal touch. They have a street style look and are therefore loved by many adolescents.
- Wall tattoos with sayings: Every teenager will love to see his favorite saying on the wall. This is a very cool way to give the room more individuality.
A place to relax and to relax
Adolescence is the life phase between childhood and adulthood. The teenagers pretend that they are already adults. Actually, they do preserve some childish character traits and sometimes want to play. A good idea is to buy some great and creative interior design elements for the youth room that will help the adolescent express the child and show his creativity. Such are for example:
- a nice swing or a cool hanging chair where the teenager can relax and chat
- a chalkboard where the adolescent can express his creativity (hint: you do not necessarily have to buy a black chalk board) A pink or yellow-green chalkboard can also be a great decoration element.)
- An aquarium in the youth room is another cool idea. Aquariums lower the blood pressure and provide more peace and well-being.
- a hanging bed is another creative idea
Storage furniture for more order
Teenagers have a lot of things, so storage furniture in the youth room does not have to be missing. Cabinets, stools with storage space, bed with vanity unit, etc. can be very helpful here. A practical solution is also the storage shelves. The adult can simply throw all the things there to clean up the room quickly and easily.
Various textiles for more coziness
The teenagers spend a lot of time in their room, so it has to offer maximum comfort. For example, buy a nice fluffy rug that will keep your adolescent’s feet warm in winter and where he and his friends can even sit down to their liking. Also choose some beautiful pillows in different colors and textures. They will not only function as great style elements, but also provide more comfort.
Create a little oasis for your darling!
Realistic wall sticker as decoration
A great idea for the Star Wars fans
Pink curtains as an accent
Do your teenagers love cars?
Bohemian teenager room with chalk board
Lots of light and furniture in a minimalist design
The wall over the desk offers excellent possibilities for a great decoration
Youth room in natural colors
Lots of space to store
Girl’s room in pink and white
The wall murals give the room a completely new look!
The gray walls give the room more depth
Own drawing as a wall decoration?
Discuss everything with your teenager. Only then can you create a room where it feels good and in which it can grow happily!