Our online magazine is happy to deal with the decoration and decoration of the place of residence. Home accessories are the best way to beautify your own home. There are several items and creative things that can be used. In this article, however, we want to throw the highlight on the beautiful pots. Decorating flower pots is fun because you can create something pretty yourself. On the other hand, the plants look fresher in such pots. Is not it funny from time to time to take yourself or with friends, with the children or with partners the bright colors and get dirty! For me personally, this job is the best “anti-stress therapy”.
Make flower pots – a fool-proof and wonderful hobby
The easiest way to decorate flowerpots is to live in a house. At least you have there more space for crafting – if not in the house, then in the garage or in the garden. A country house also brings the feeling of freedom and ensures inspiration and better imagination. Now you may think, “If I have a house, why plant flowers in a pot and not in the garden?” – If you ask yourself this question, it automatically means that you live in an apartment.
Creative flowerpot design for the garden
Every single plant, whether it’s a flower, a vegetable variety or a fruit tree, needs special care. This means appropriate temperature, sunlight, moisture and nutrients for healthy growth. Many people also like to plant exotic flowers. You also need special care in most cases – so storing it at home and in the right pot is required.
Fortunately, there are undemanding flowers like cactus – but they also need pretty pots – idea in pink and golden
For each type of apartment there are already in the market appropriate pots. When buying plants you often get tips from the seller on how to take care of them properly. Which plants are better for closed rooms and which should not be placed in the room at all, which need more sun, which need larger pot, etc. Consequently: First, take into account what you want to plant and what cultivation and care specificities it requires. Then you are welcome to buy correspondingly large pots and decorate with pleasure the flowerpots.
Decorate flowerpots – a nice pastime for children and adults
Of course, there are several designs to be found in the store, but painting and decorating yourself will bring you inner satisfaction. Get closer to nature and create something beautiful that will always delight your eyes!
Simple pots become works of art – below you will learn how
1. Dress flowerpots in fabric
- clay pots
1. First you should transfer the outlines of a pot to the fabric. Put the pot on the cloth. In addition, take 3 cm more of the fabric from the top and bottom of the pot. Draw the contours with a pen by turning the pot over the fabric.
2. Use the scissors to cut out the outlines.
3. Coat the flowerpot with glue, place it in the center of the piece of fabric and roll up.
4. Continue to cut out the excess fabric and refine the corners with glue to make your pot cover look accurate. On the lower side of the pot it would be advisable to cut the fabric in some places – so it is easier to hide and in a nice way. Do not forget to leave at least one hole down! Repeat the same at the top edge.
5. Your flowerpot is already disguised and ready!
This decoration idea is well suited for old, as well as for new clay pots. In any case, it will give you a new shine! You can choose the shape and color of the ornament yourself. The production is child’s play and fast.
* Before you start crafting, the pots should be finely cleaned!
Black and white designs are great
Decorate flowerpots – two subtle ideas with pearls and lacquer
The pots bring a fresh touch to the apartment – funny inscriptions in golden color in combination with glitter
2. Flower pot with wooden elements adorn – touch of nature
- clay pot
- Hot glue (it is suitable for wood as well as for various art materials)
- side cutter
- wooden pieces or branches
1. Cut the branches with the side cutter to make several thin round plates.
2. Use the hot glue to attach the wooden pieces to the pot.
That’s all it takes to make this simple DIY project. With two steps, the nature of your apartment is closer!
Best decoration for flowerpots are the flowers – white roses fit perfectly with the crude wooden design of the pot
3. Decorate Colorful Flowerpots – Nail Polish Idea
- clay pots
- White color (wall color goes too)
- Bowl full of water
- paper towels
- Nail polish or lacquers in your favorite colors
* First check that the paint is suitable for your DIY project. Heavy-textured nail polish bags settle too quickly on the floor, so you need a smoother paint that lasts longer on the surface.
1. Take nail polish and a toothpick. Pour a few drops of the varnish into the water. If necessary, stir with the toothpick.
2. Dip the pot into the water and turn. A few seconds are enough to produce a beautifully saturated color.
3. Take the flower pot out of the water and let it dry briefly on the kitchen paper.
The result should look similar
4. Decorate the box with clothespins and use as a pot
- Lacquer (glaze) or acrylic paint
1. Release metal clips from the clothespins.
2. You can paint half of it with one color and the rest with another color. Paint piece by piece with the acrylic paint and brush from each side. As a result, you would have nice change effect. eg orange or yellow and green, blue and pink … the colors you choose depending on your personal taste and matching design.
3. Paint a second coat of acrylic paint and let it dry again.
4. When the pieces are dry, then you should do the clip again.
5. Put the clip around the can – then it’s done nicely and your new pot needs only a small flower to be planted in it.
* You can change the acrylic paint with glaze varnish. Make sure that you do not under any circumstances paint your fingers with the paint. Paint yourself with acrylic paint but is and can be wiped off.
Colorful spring idea
5. Pot design that awakens the beach feeling at home
- Terracotta pots
- Shells (preferably the same size)
- glue gun
1. Arrange the clams from small to large. This will make it easier to glue it to the pot afterwards.
2. Now use the hot glue gun: Apply glue to the bottom of the shells and onto their sides. Place the clams first at the top of the pot and continue down until you cover the whole surface.
3. Now you are welcome to plant your favorite flowers – it is best to choose those that combine with the oceanic environment.
Instructions in pictures – first arrange the shells
Attach the largest mussels to the upper edge of the pot
Decorate the two flowerpots step by step
Summer has been in your home for a long time
Another idea for the authentic look of your flowerpots
The same DIY project can be realized with the help of spoons
6. Paint the clay pots colorfully
- clay pots
- Acrylic colors according to your wish
- masking tape
1. Clean the clay pots precisely
2. Apply base color and let it dry
3. Apply a painter’s creping by leaving the desired geometric shapes (as shown in the picture above)
4. Add a different color to the blanks
* Recommended is the basic color lighter than the upper layers and decorations. But if the colors are well saturated and of the highest quality, it does not matter that much.
* Let your imagination run wild and design a wide variety of designs. At the end you can compare the models produced and find your favorites … The remaining pots you can give as friends and relatives. You will be happy to receive gifts designed by yourself.
Knit your own pot cladding – subtle and elegant idea how you can decorate flower pots yourself
Mr. and Mrs. pot
“Multifunctional bike still serves as a pot” – sounds like a headline!
Framing colorful decorative flowers for the pots themselves
Fabric and buttons give your pots a whole new look
Unique idea of the family – print your favorite photos and stick them on pots – each flower speaks for a family member
Decorating flower pots – ideas with pearls and pebbles
Creative DIY idea with concrete and stones
Mini swimming pool tiles for decorating flower pots
Design and decorate pots made of tin cans
3 simple DIY projects with tin cans
Your pots could look just as nice
Functional and fun way to design flower pots
These clouds ensure the plants even watering …
… and look great!
Dye and paint old cups so that they continue to be used as pots
Dress and decorate all the pots at home in the same design
Dress flowerpots in lace – they should look as elegant as your home
The subtle flowerpot design can be complemented by a colorful bow
Decorate it to your own taste – the colorful contrasts refresh the garden
Great ideas for the garden
Install tiles or mirrors in the pots
Creating males from flower pots
Paint minions and other funny characters on the pots
Nice ideas, for those who like to paint – make art out of your own flower pots
How can you easily and beautifully design plastic flowerpots?
Sew flowerpot lining yourself – do you feel like it?
With old jeans you can simply decorate flowerpots
Old belts are also suitable as a decoration for pots – only a little imagination is needed here
Are your flowerpots so happy too? – If not, you can redecorate it
Four different colorful designs next to each other – why not!
Your flower has a message for you
Decorate flowerpots – golden design
The more colorful – the more beautiful!
Craft ideas with pots
Square pots with beautiful design
Brush, colors and clay pot – let’s go! To paint!
Leo design does not fit in any home – be careful with this print
Decoration for flower pot – put these sweet mini mushrooms in the pot to refresh your flowers
Plants and animals live in absolute harmony since time immemorial
Fancy flower pot idea
Colorful design for the flowers at home
DIY ideas for professionals
Elegant and subtle embellishment of the apartments from the flowers
Beautiful DIY projects for the garden
More colorful ideas
The owl ensures the comfort of your flowers
Colorful colors on the fence
Beautiful flowerpots can not only be used for plants
Decorating flower pots – ideas made of fabric
Which pot do you have for this beautiful flower?