Our team is here again with a proposal for creative hobby ! Namely, you will learn more about the thread images in this article. This is an art that has enjoyed great popularity in the past and is experiencing its return nowadays. String Art was invented in the early 20th century by the Englishwoman Mary Boole, who wanted to arouse children’s interest in mathematics. In the ’60s, String Art became a popular hobby whose end products served as decorations. Now nail pictures are again trendy. Read on to get detailed instructions. Then take a look at our picture gallery with 100 ideas.
Thread pictures with love
With the thread art you conjure wonderful decoration, gifts and tables. But doing it is child’s play. The only step that’s a bit hard is nailing yourself. You should handle the hammer carefully. Otherwise there is no limit to your creativity. If you are still a beginner, start with simple templates. After gaining experience, you can engage in more complicated motives.
Simple thread pictures
We are happy to share what you need for a String Art project:
- Nails – small pieces from the craft business. How much will you need depends on the project;
- Hammer in medium size;
- A template – you can either print it or draw it yourself;
- Yarn or embroidery thread in corresponding colors;
- A board about 2 cm thick;
- Dialing – varnish, dye;
Beautiful blue flower
- If desired, the board can be painted and dyed. It depends on how much you want to integrate it into the project.
- A template has been created. You can draw them yourself if you feel like it. Otherwise, you will discover many templates in the internet for printing.
- There are three ways to use a template. For simple subjects, cut out a drawing that surrounds you with nails. The second way is to nail the lines directly on the leaf and then remove it. But there are stencils that are perforated finished with holes. This is considered the simplest variant.
- Get enough threads in the colors in which your project shines.
Thread pictures with popular heroes
- Transfer the motives with nails on the board! The nails should be about 1 cm apart. It is most important to keep the same distance. Maybe you will not succeed in the beginning, but practice makes perfect.
- If your project consists of several parts, start with the middle elements.
- First, you should surround the nails with the threads. Tie a knot to the first nail. Then twist the thread around each additional nail that forms the line.
- There are no specific rules on how to cross the threads afterward. It is best to join opposite nails until the desired color is achieved. You either need to braid once or several times.
- At the end tie a knot again.
- It’s that easy!
Nail picture of gorgeous flowers in vase
We also give some ideas on which simple shapes you can make with thread art.
- Hearts – this is considered an easy project. You can give it away for Mother’s Day, for example.
- Flowers – make something a little bit harder than the template of the heart, because it consists of at least two parts. However, the flower figures are still a suitable gift for your mum.
- A spreadsheet – the letters are not complicated to create when you download or create the template. Microsoft Word has a variety of fonts. You write the word, turn it 90 degrees, enlarge the letters. Finally, print it. Then you can perforate holes for the nails.
- Animals – these projects are indeed multi-part, so start with them as you master the one-part thread images.
- Cards – precision is required here.
Sunflower on small boards
A 3D thread picture
Merry red blossom
A table with the name of the child
Abstract thread art
Hello, see our further suggestions!
We have given you a simple guide for beginners. The advanced create with threads and nails real art objects. The masters have a certain rhythm and specific techniques. Many have already revealed their secrets.
A wonderful sun
Interesting nail pictures
Batman logo in the sky
Project for world map
DIY projects in spring
Hirsch thread pictures
Creative thread art
Instead of coloring the template, you can create a silhouette. You make such a thread picture by filling the background. The bare board shapes the figure. But that means you have to nail a lot.
Colorful nail pictures
Let your imagination run wild!
The owls are noble birds
Fast and easy projects
Stylish thread art
Nail pictures that are real eye-catchers
Have fun crafting!