The healthy way of life is not what it used to be. Today, each of us has our own needs and therefore we need to use different methods of action. What is common for the different societies worldwide, that we are all more and more frequently suffering from a variety of eating disorders and intolerances. Anorexia, obesity, stomach ache, gastritis, colitis, gluten intolerance among others are among the most popular diseases. They are all due to several factors: stress, fatigue, poor quality of food, but most of all, the problem is related to unhealthy diet, lack of knowledge and poor lifestyle. We can all influence these aspects and improve our own prosperity – simply with more attention and self-care.
For whom is the ketogenic diet suitable?
The low carbohydrate diet has not only become a trend today, it is a necessity and may even have a life-saving effect on your health. Are you surprised by such an extreme conclusion? If yes, then you should read on and learn more about it. In order to make our contribution as helpful as possible, we provide here on the one hand important information, on the other hand, several ideas for how you can prepare even low carb recipes quickly. In addition, you will find some easy exercise and sports tips from our training experts .
Prepare low carb recipes quickly with the following foods
Let’s start with some quick tips on a low carb diet:
- Replace cereal products with nuts
- End with the sugar and all sorts of wrapped sweets (even with the fruit you should not overdo)
- Attention: the fibers are healthy, but are also carbohydrates
- The carbohydrates provide energy to the organism. If you reduce them, do not forget to increase fat intake. Otherwise you will lack power and this will also affect your sports plan and training effectiveness
- Motivation is super important: whether you watch videos, read books, discuss the new way of life with a coach or friends – find what works best for you to stay focused and content without hesitation
- Integrate new habits in everyday life
- Be proud and do not admit until the goal is reached – your health is important!
- Make sure everything you eat tastes delicious – scroll down to quickly discover ideas and low carb recipes.
All of these tips are designed to improve your metabolism and make it activate and function properly over a longer period of time. The healthy diet, as I said, comes first. Here are our recipe suggestions:
1. Muffins for breakfast: suggestions on how to quickly prepare low carb recipes
A recipe as simple as a breeze – that would be an idea – to cook the breakfast on the weekend together with the offspring.
Ingredients for 6 muffins:
- 4 eggs
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 100 g of cheese
- Spinach / peppers / onions / mushrooms and others
- Herbs – salt, pepper, basil and others
Beat the eggs well, cut the tomatoes and other vegetables into small cubes, half the cheese (grated) and mix everything together. Add the herbs and stir again. Pour the mixture into the muffin tin and sprinkle with the other half of the cheese. Bake in the oven at 180-200 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes. Good Appetite!
2nd eggs pie
- 12 eggs
- 500 g of cheese, grated
- a bit of flour for the bottom of the mold (to prevent caking)
Ingredients as desired:
- Avocado (as with our recipe in the picture above)
- among others
Mix all ingredients together (if available add the other ingredients). Sprinkle flour on the bottom of the baking pan and pour the mixture into it. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees. Allow the pie to cool slightly before slicing and serving to make the eggs a little firmer.
3. Oatmeal pancakes – a breakfast idea that can be prepared both sweet and salty
If you want to quickly prepare low carb recipes, read our guide to baking these delicious pancakes.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 coffee mug of oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons of protein powder
- Whole milk (the amount is as needed to give you a slightly liquid mixture)
- Oil for frying
- 1 pinch of salt
- For sweet pancakes: 1-2 tablespoons honey or other liquid sweeteners and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For salty pancakes: cheese
Mix the ingredients together to get a slightly liquid mixture. Preheat the pan and put some butter on it. When the pan is well heated, put some of the dough on it and form a round pancake. When one side is done, turn to the other. Repeat this step as many times as necessary until the dough is over. Serve with ham, cheese, olives, fresh vegetables, etc. for a salty taste or with yogurt, honey and fruit, if you prefer a sweet breakfast.
4th and 5th scrambled eggs and yogurt with homemade granola
Should we explain how to prepare scrambled eggs yourself? Pan, eggs, maybe some oil, salt and pepper – that’s all.
The emphasis here is more on the mix in the bowl. Everything contained here has certain health benefits:
- Yoghurt – contains calcium, healthy bacteria, low calories and healthy fats
- Banana – potassium, magnesium, vitamin C, fiber, etc. – but you should not overdo it with the consumption, because the fruits contain more carbohydrates and are rich in fructose. They are good sweetener substitutes for the days when you have cravings, but you should consciously consume them
- Goji berry – belongs to the group of super foods
- Sesame / Tahini – healthy fats, fiber and calcium
All these foods contain more carbohydrates than an egg or meat dish, but they are super healthy and beneficial for all body processes. Even with a strict diet, you can afford such a homemade cereal recipe for breakfast. But be especially careful when buying muesli from the store – even organic foods often contain too much sugar and extra carbohydrates.
6. Nuts – fast and healthy breakfast variant
Are you late for school, university, work or an appointment? No breakfast is a bad idea. If you do not have time to cook, but want to stick to a healthy eating plan, then the nuts come to the rescue. At home, on the way – in the bus, in the car or anywhere else you can have a quick and easy breakfast. The same is true if you get hungry between meals – then the nuts are a perfect snack.
More muesli ideas to make your own
Honey, walnuts and chia seeds – super food to enjoy
Fresh fruit is also one of the quick and healthy breakfasts. As I said, you should only pay attention to the quantities (because of fructose and carbohydrate content). 1 banana, 1-2 apples, some pears, kiwis, an orange or a grapefruit will fill your appetite for about 1-2 hours and provide your body with vitamins, minerals and fiber.
What should you look for in a ketogenic diet?
8. Lunch and Dinner Recipes with avocado
You can quickly prepare this simple recipe with avocado by cutting the unpeeled avocados in half, filling them each with an egg, some salmon pieces and herbs and baking them in the oven. In our article about avocado recipes you will find several more ideas with this super food.
Here are some ideas. The exact quantities for the portions you determine yourself according to your wishes, needs and preferences:
- Carrots, Emmentaler, cheese, walnuts
- Green salad, iceberg, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado and green onions – served with a bruschetta with pesto
- Tomatoes, cucumbers, cream cheese, olives and onions
- Iceberg, tomatoes, chicken breast fillet, breaded in corn flakes + homemade dressing: 200 g yoghurt, 1 tbsp. Mustard, 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper
- Arugula, avocado, walnuts, cheese: Emmentaler and Brie are a perfect match, combined with fig syrup dressing, balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- and many other ideas and combinations you are welcome to try …
Our tips for healthy salads are:
- Especially buy fresh seasonal products (* this recommendation does not apply to the nuts and the cheese, because you will find them throughout the year, but you should choose the vegetables carefully)
- Prepare the dressings and sauces in your own home if you are looking for a healthier and low-calorie diet. Often, the finished sauces in packaging are full of preservatives and fat. Namely, such products are mostly sold in the big supermarket chains. And if you are in the restaurant and want to order a salad, ask how the dressing is prepared or whether it would be possible to get the salad without sauce / dressing.
10. Prepare low carb recipes quickly and easily – the healthy pizza makes a dream come true
The pizza is the dream food of so many people! Some like them so much that they came up with pizza with fewer carbohydrates … and why not! If the result looks and tastes as good as you could see on top of the picture. The low carb pizza dough is mostly made from two main ingredients: either cauliflower or pumpkin. In our experience, both taste excellent and if you try them, you will notice the differences in taste.
The recipe with pumpkin can be seen here: Spaghetti Pumpkin Pizza Muffins
The recipe for Cauliflower Margheritta can be read here:
For the dough:
- 1 head cauliflower, medium sized, about 750 g
- 100 g of ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- a few cherry tomatoes
- 130g mozzarella
- fresh basil or parsley
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees Celsius and place a piece of baking paper on a medium-sized baking tray;
- Wash the cauliflower and puree in the blender until you get pieces the size of rice grains. Place the cauliflower on the plate and bake for about 15 minutes. Allow it to cool slightly and then heat the water;
- To the cauliflower add the almonds, the eggs and the herbs. Put the mixture on the baking paper buttered in advance. Bake for 15 more minutes until the pizza dough turns golden brown;
- Dab the gravy with the sauce and sprinkle with the other ingredients, then bake for another 10 minutes until the mozzarella melts.
- Voila! Your pizza is ready to eat and enjoy!
- * Serve with fresh vegetables and fresh herbs. Good Appetite!
Low Carb Pizza Ideas for every taste
11. Meatballs from salmon
- 400 g salmon fillet
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of bread (fitness bread )
- 2-3 pinches of dill
- 2-3 pinches of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of caper bush
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 stalks of green onion
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- salt and pepper
For the salad:
- Green salad mix from the shop
- a few cherry tomatoes
- 6 leaves of fresh basil
- the juice of a lemon
- 1 stalk of fresh onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 avocado
- The salmon is minced and mixed with the dill, parsley and onions. Add half more of the ground bread;
- For this an egg and a protein and all other ingredients are given;
- The mixture is stirred well and of it 12 meatballs are formed;
- Roll the meatballs into the remaining breadcrumbs and put them in a tin. They are baked for 7-8 minutes in preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius;
- Then the meatballs are turned and baked for another 3 minutes.
For the salad:
- The avocado is mashed with the lemon juice, basil, onion, olive oil and salt;
- The cherry tomatoes are minced in pieces and added to the salad. Then the dressing is poured and everything is well stirred.
Serve the finished meatballs on a “bed” of salad mixture and surprise your loved one with such a delicious recipe.
12. Zucchini pasta with shrimp
For this dish you will need a special spaghetti cutter machine that can cut all types of vegetables in the form of spaghetti.
The recipe is so easy: fry the prawns with some herbs to taste, so they are not quite raw. Put the spaghetti-shaped zucchini on a pan, add the shrimp and other ingredients to taste – eg cream, pesto, cherry tomatoes, grated cheese, etc. Cook until ready. And then only the enjoyment has remained!
Prepare low carb recipes quickly: salmon filet with avocado and mustard sauce
The seafood on the rise!
Shrimp: low in carbohydrates, rich in proteins, containing omega 3, 6 and 9 – a superfood
More ideas for recipes with granules
The recipe for this delicious dish is shown at # 12 Zucchini Spaghetti with Shrimp
Make low carb tortillas yourself
Omelette with vegetables is a good idea for every meal, do not eat it more than once a day
18 inspiring ideas at once!
Everyone likes juicy meatballs!
Ready for roasting … or better for stewing
Meatballs in tomato sauce
The sausages are part of our national cuisine and the recipes are part of the cookbook of almost every household
Stuffed zucchini – light and healthy food
“Mealprep” – 5 Dishes – 5 Low Carb Recipes Quick to take away
Broccoli soup with bacon
Eggplant with tomato sauce and Parmesan
Salad for gourmets – arugula, avocado, chicken, bacon, eggs and homemade yoghurt sauce
Rocket salad with squids and walnuts
Chicken fillet with vegetables and herbs
Now and then you should replace the meat with lighter food, so keep your stomach healthy
Creative recipe in pumpkin
Oatmeal pancakes with asparagus and aubergine salad
A recipe for preparing a barbecue with friends and / or relatives
More delicious ideas on how to cook and enjoy low carb recipes quickly
Chicken roller blind
Steak with grilled cauliflower florets instead of mashed potato
Chicken “Caprese” – with tomatoes and basil may also mozzarella
Salad suitable for every season
A creative appetizer idea
Prepare low carb recipes quickly for the kids – the creative designs will delight you
Sandwich without bread
Deep-fried sprats with lemon-olive-oil-garlic-herb dressing
And a few more ideas on how to use low carb recipes to quickly refine your figure
Quickly lose weight through low carb recipes
Your culinary masterpiece deserves to be photographed and uploaded to Instagram. In addition, thanks to our recipe ideas and a mobile app, you can successfully lose weight or at least take the first steps towards a healthier lifestyle. If you enjoyed our post, we recommend a follow-up article that will give you ideas and guidance on how to prepare a low carb dessert yourself. The Archzine Team wishes you fun cooking and enjoyable moments that you share with loved ones.