Hallowenn is one of the most popular festivals. It is fast approaching and for this reason we recommend that you take a look at this article. If you feel like making a unique Halloween decoration yourself and carving a pumpkin, we show you below not only scary, but also funny pumpkin faces. You will also find some helpful tips and tricks.
Carving funny pumpkin faces
You may ask this question: Which pumpkin is best for carving? The nutmeg pumpkin is one of the favorites among pumpkin varieties, which are best suited for this purpose. When choosing the right pumpkin, there are still some aspects to consider. Keep in mind that the smooth skin of pumpkins is also very thin in most cases. And those pumpkins with a thin and smooth skin are of course much easier to carve. The size of the nutmeg can vary. First of all, you should just have some precise ideas of how your Halloween pumpkin looks and how tall it should be.
Before you buy a pumpkin for carving: Its shell should have no deep injuries. If he has spots or just some soft spots, the pumpkin starts to rot after a few days. If your Halloween pumpkin is to be stored for longer, it should look fresh and heavy. The lighter pumpkins are already lazy in most cases. On the other hand, the lazy Halloween pumpkins could look a lot scarier – below are some pictures of those pumpkins. Other types of pumpkin that you could use for carving include butternut and gourds.
The shell should be smooth and thin
We have compiled for you a list with some unusual motives and pumpkin faces.
- Bats – the bat is one of the symbols of this festival. For this purpose they should paint the pumpkin in black colors. The wings of the bat could easily be made of paper. Fix it with glue … The black pumpkins with bat faces look very nice and could contribute to a great Halloween decoration. Also take a look at our article about making a bat .
- Cat’s Face – If you fancy having an extraordinary Halloween Pumpkin, you might like this idea. As a companion of the witches, the black cats are also an inseparable part of the Halloween party.
- Pumpkin with face of an owl – making owl is one of the great Halloween crafting ideas. The fairy-tale birds in the Harry Potter novels are magical beasts that serve as mail owls to all sorcerers and witches. A European superstition is that the eyes of the owls can kill … These are just a few of the reasons why the owls today stand as a symbol of magic.
- Creepy pumpkin faces – they are among the classics among Halloween pumpkins. As mentioned above, the lazy Halloween pumpkins look much more terrible. For this reason, we recommend that you carve your pumpkin a few days before Halloween. In this way the pumpkin will have enough time to start to rot.
- Funny pumpkin faces – even the little ones are happy about their beautiful pumpkin, which they carve for Halloween with a little help from the adults. In this case, the Halloween pumpkin should not be scary. We also show you some funny pumpkin faces.
If you dream of a unique and extraordinary Halloween decoration, you could also decorate the pumpkins with different flowers and mandala motifs. In this way you have a stylish decoration that is able to impress your guests.
Inspirational images with scary pumpkin faces
Some ideas that the kids really like
Halloween pumpkin with a fox face
Hollow out and carve Halloween pumpkins
Make a bat – for this purpose you should paint the pumpkin in dark shades. The wings of the bat could easily be made of paper.
Here are some of our favorite ideas … There are no limits to your imagination!
Painting pumpkin faces … As a Halloween symbol, black cats are one of the most popular motifs used to decorate Haloween pumpkins
Take a look at these three Halloween pumpkins … they look very awful too, right?
Extraordinary Halloween pumpkins with white teeth
Enjoy these funny pumpkin faces
If you fancy making such an owl, you will need a variety of pumpkin varieties – white and orange pumpkins of various sizes
Another very funny pumpkin face of a yellow pumpkin with eyes made of two red paper hearts
As mentioned above, a lazy halloween pumpkin looks a lot scary …
Creepy pumpkin faces of lazy halloween pumpkins
White and orange halloween pumpkins with funny faces
Unique Halloween decoration with different pumpkin faces
Now we show you some very sweet little pumpkins with colorful faces
Here’s a great collage with different pumpkin faces that could inspire you
Still some ideas on how to carve and light your Halloween pumpkins
Funny pumpkin face with metal rails
As promised, we also show you some pictures of Halloween pumpkins with unusual ornaments … Because they are not necessarily very terrible
Stylish Halloween decoration with white candles and pumpkins
Another great idea – in this case, the pumpkins were decorated with small black flying bats made of paper
Big pink Halloween pumpkins – decorated with a beautiful wreath of different flowers
Here’s an idea for a pumpkin with little black spiders and a gray spider web
If you hollow out the pumpkin, you could use it as a vase for your flowers … so you will have a great Halloween table decoration
Halloween decoration with orange and white pumpkins, black branches and some black paper DIY bats
Paint Halloween pumpkins
Funny pumpkin faces