The Halloween decoration should not necessarily be very expensive! There are many great DIY projects that will help you save money and still decorate your home creatively and beautifully. Scroll on and collect ideas on how to make the Halloween decoration yourself!
Make Halloween decoration yourself: pumpkin emoticons
- yellow and red watercolor paint
- sharp knife
Make Halloween decoration yourself: paint pumpkins
- Cut out the lid of the pumpkin and remove the pulp with a spoon (do not throw the lid away).
- Take the pencil and draw the face of the emoticons. To this end you form a large circle. Now draw the eyes and the mouth of the emoticons. If necessary, cut your mouth. Clean the pumpkin.
- If you are happy with the design, make the circle yellow. Let the pumpkin dry well.
- Color the eyes and mouth of the emoticons and paint the edges with black paint.
- Let the pumpkin dry well and close it with the lid.
Which emoticon do you like best?
- Skull made of plastic
- Drill with 2.5 cm drill head
- white spray paint
- golden spray paint
- 3 long candles
- white tone
Make candlesticks yourself
- Use pencil to mark the places where you would like to drill holes. Make sure that you have enough space between them, as the drill bit is 2.5 cm.
- Drill 3-4 cm deep holes (it is best to work outside, otherwise cover your desk with newspaper). Try out if candles can be easily put inside.
- If the skull has a hole on the bottom, fill it with white clay.
- Clean the skull.
- Spray the skull with white paint. This will create a base layer and the golden color will look better. Let the skull dry well.
- Spray the skull with two layers of golden paint. Let it dry before applying the new coat.
- Put candles in the skull.
Cool table decoration for the day of the dead
Tablecloth with spider webs
- black tablecloth
- cotton swab
- rubber gloves
- Plastic tarpaulin for revealing the workplace
- 45 cm long ruler
* For a better result, it is best to use a cotton tablecloth. It’s best to bleach the fabric outside.
Spider Web Line Template
- Wash the tablecloth.
- Cover your workplace with plastic tarpaulin. Work outside.
- Lay the tablecloth on the plastic tarpaulin. Draw many spider webs in chalk using the method shown above. If necessary, use ruler.
- Put on the gloves. Take a cotton swab and dip it into bleach. Trace the lines by periodically dipping the cotton swab into the bleach. Also, change it when worn. Make sure that the fabric slowly fades. It is therefore normal if you do not see results yet.
- After you have traced all the lines, let the fabric dry. Do not allow the tablecloth to dry out too long as the bleach can damage the fabric.
- Rinse the tablecloth with lukewarm water and then wash it as usual.
Ready for the party
Make Halloween decoration yourself: Galaxy pumpkin
- black artificial pumpkin
- blue, pink, purple, blue-green, mint, golden, white watercolor
- Brush and sponge brush
- light string
- Drills and 2-3 drill heads in different sizes
- Constellation template (search for a template on the Internet and print it out)
- Decorate the pumpkin with watercolor paint by first applying some dark and then some lighter tones. Dab the sponge brush on it to get a dust effect. Add some golden watercolor paint. Dab it with the sponge brush.
- Make the stars: Put some white paint on the toothbrush. Pull the bristles of the toothbrush back with your finger and then release it. Sprinkle the whole pumpkin with paint. Let the pumpkin dry well.
- Place the constellation template on the pumpkin. Take a pen and make holes where the dots are. Use the drill to enlarge the holes. Take some white paint with a thin brush and connect the dots with lines.
- Drill arbitrarily smaller holes.
Pumpkin with constellations
Halloween decoration with branches
- thin, long branches (You can find them in craft shops.) This tutorial uses black branches.)
- Paper bats (Find a template on the Internet and print it out using the template to make many bats.)
- Hot glue gun
- cylindrical glass vase
Decorate branches with bats
- Cut out many bats out of paper. Take a bat, put some hot glue on it and glue it to a branch. Hold the bat with your fingers for a few seconds, so that it sticks well to it. Decorate the branches according to your mood. You can only attach one or more bats to a branch.
- If you are firm with the decoration of the branches, put them in the glass vase. Arrange the branches to taste.
Effective and easy
Picture with skull
- wood panel
- Nails and hammer
- black color
- sponge brush
- white cord
- Skull Template
- duct tape
Wrap the thread around the nails
- Paint wood board black and let it dry. If necessary, apply another coat of black paint.
- Find a great skull template and print it out. Cut out the template. Leave a 1-2 cm margin around the outline of the original.
- Tape the template to the wood panel. Hammer nails along the edges of the template.
- Carefully remove the template. You can just rip them up. Just make sure that you do not pull out any nails.
- Wrap twine several times around the nails. When you are satisfied with the result, cut out the string and knot its end around a nail.
DIY lanterns from pumpkins
- medium sized pumpkin
- X-Acto knife
- glass stones
- Drill with Drill Head (The size of the drill head depends on the size of the glass bricks you have selected, so if you are not sure, use a smaller drill bit to make the holes larger later.)
- black marker
- electric candle
- Cut the lid of the pumpkin with a sharp knife. (Do not throw the pumpkin cap off.)
- Take a big spoon and remove the pumpkin meat. Make sure that there is at least 2 cm thick edge at the end.
- Draw marks where you want to position the glass stones.
- Drill holes.
- Clean the pumpkin. Carefully remove the pumpkin residue.
- Press the glass stones through the holes. If the holes are not big enough, enlarge them with the X-Acto knife.
- Put the electric candle in the pumpkin and close it with the lid.
Put the lanterns in the garden or decorate your home
Make Halloween decoration yourself: ideas and inspirations
Cool and cheap Halloween decoration
DIY lanterns made of craft paper and tissue paper
Creepy decoration for Halloween
Door Decoration spider web
Balloons filled with sweets
Thematic table decoration in orange
Make Halloween decoration yourself: Craft ideas for Halloween
Party decoration in black and silver
Spirit of honeycomb balls and tulle